Wednesday, December 9, 2020

12 Days of Christmas, Day 6

 


Day 6

I live very close to a ski slope named Buck Hill. When my boys were growing up they spent a lot of time there skiing and snowboarding. I drove them there on snow days so that they could meet up with friends and enjoy the new fresh snow with their friends. One of the things that I enjoy the most is the sledding hill. If you ever want to feel like you're five years old, go sledding! I love it because at the base of the hill there's a hot cocoa booth that sells warm cookies and a bon fire to warm yourself by before you head on back up the slope. Feels like a Hallmark movie! Today I'm sharing a cookie recipe, "Buck Hill Cookies". I might have to whip up a batch before Christmas.


Buck Hill Cookies
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
  • 12 oz. bag chocolate chips
  • 1 cup rice krispies
Mix sugars, egg, oil, butter and vanilla thoroughly. Stir in flour, oats, baking soda, cream of tartar, chocolate chips and rice krispies. Cover and chill dough. Drop by teaspoons 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Makes 5-6 dozen cookies. At Christmas I usually also put red and green M & M's into the cookie dough.


I hope that you enjoy todays installment of my 12 days of Christmas. Enjoy the recipe and I hope you find some time to enjoy a sweet treat and a cup of cocoa.

Happy Quilting Baking,
Cindy and Belvedere

1 comment:

  1. I baked these cookies. They are definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete