Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Quilt Doodle BOM ~ A Traditional Mystery!


I have a new BOM for 2017. It's going to be fun to follow along. I have decided it's time to switch things up a bit and step away from a holiday quilt and make one that can be left out all year round. So for this year we will make a more traditional quilt using some 'traditional' fabrics. I will be using some 1930 reproductions for mine. It will be a bright and happy quilt that reminds me of the farm and grandma's house. To get ready for this quilt I have included a list of supplies below and the layout of the quilt. It will be a combination of piecing and applique. The base the design is a traditional Dresden plate.

Finished measurement 63” x 80”
Small print fabric work best for this quit. Yardage… is an estimate with extra added in.
6 1/2 yards cream/ white background 
¾ yards green
½ yard- binding
16 different fat quarters- an assortment of colors will work best, the extra fabric left over from the Dresden design will be used for appliqué designs. The Aunt Grace line of fabric from Marcus Brothers would work nicely for this mystery quilt.
Backing – 6 yards
Heat n Bond Lite
Dark brown or black thread for machine appliqué

A new section or appliqué design will be announced the first of every month. The first section will be out January 1st. (2017) Patterns are FREE the month that they are released, as soon as the next month is released the previous patterns will still be available for a small fee… here are the links. What kind of quilt is it… I will tell you it is not a holiday quilt. There are no snowmen this time around. The appliqué designs are a collection of what you would find if you went to my grandparent's home.

Tutorials can be found on the Doodle blog: http://quiltdoodledesigns.blogspot.com/
Patterns can be found on the website and on Craftsy (Not until the 1st of the month): quiltdoodledesigns.com
Fat Quarter bundles of 16 fat quarters are available in my Etsy store to get you started.
Tag me on Instagram with your photos #quiltdoodledesignsBOM2017 #quiltdoodledesigns @quiltdoodles

If you have a blog please help promote it and post my button on your sidebar!
Thank you!!!
          Let’s have some quilty fun!
Cindy
 photo BOM 2017_zpsfwh6tg76.jpg

29 comments:

  1. Nice for a quilt to be used all year round. look forward to this. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and knowing you, I just KNOW no one will be disappointed. Hope you have a very Happy New Year and looking forward to this BOM that can used all year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fun BOM, can't wait to see what you have in store.
    I still need to finish up a few from this year and catch up with unfinished projects, but BOM's are fun since they are doable each month.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Dresden plates! Can't wait, thank you.
    Carol O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I love the dresden block. I hope to join in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great project. I am making my list for 2017 and I plan to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun! I did post about it on QuiltBOM, you should get a pingback.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun and I have oodles of 30s!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in! Sounds like lots of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have the best record for BOM projects, but I can't resist them--especially 1930s. Love love 30s fabric--just my style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It just occurred to me that we might need a dresden tool. Is there one we will be using for this quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This will be my first BOM. Should I be nervous?! I love 1930s fabric and have plenty of different prints but I'm not sure what to use for the green. Looking forward to getting started!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Dresden plates and also lately embroidery. Look forward to it!

    And a small note: Could you please correct the link to craftsy? "s" is missing and does not work

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be quilting along, love that it will be once a month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Count me in. I'm looking forward to joining you all. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  16. The link to Craftsy doesn't work. Is the supply list the first clue? Love your designs and looking forward to joining you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to this! The link to Craftsy does not work. Also, will we be needing a special ruler to make the Dresden plates or will there be cutting directions to work without a special ruler? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's January 1st. Where's the first section?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Count me in!! I cannot wait to get started!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking forward to the mystery! Here's a link although you may need to copy and paste to get it to work.

    https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/patterns/quilt-doodle-designs-2017-bom-supply-list/472002

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so very cute, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I will play along this year lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Are we to add a 1/4 inch seam allowance to the pattern for the blade or is the pattern outline the cut line?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I cant seem to find the pattern at Crafty site; just the supply list

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am excited to start this fun quilt! This is a very nice way to start out the New Year!

    ReplyDelete