Monday, June 1, 2020

June's Block Grandma's Attic BOM



Welcome June! I spent yesterday weeding my strawberry patch and I'm not moving very fast today. Found a few muscles I've forgotten that I have! Being it's garden season I thought an easy block was called for. Many of us are getting outside and enjoying the beautiful weather, especially after being cooped up for so long. I have to say, it did feel really good to pull weeds while basking in the sunshine. I certainly got my vitamin D for the day!

This month's block is based on an easy peasy nine patch. You can use all the same fabric for the dark fabric, or you can mix it up. Have fun with it.

You will make four nine patch blocks....

And then sew the four nine patch blocks together to  make one large 20 1/2 " x 20 1/2 " block.

 I hope you have fun making this month's block.  Remember the goal is to use fabric from your stash!

The monthly FREE pattern is available on my website. I have a special 2020 BOM section on my website. Each month the FREE pattern will be posted. But as soon as the new section or block is out the old block pattern will no longer be a freebie. But it will still be available for a small fee on my website or in my Etsy shop. If you want to share your finished blocks, feel free to post them on Facebook Group (Quilt Doodle Designs Grandmas Attic BOM 2020) and tag me or post them on Instagram tag Quilt Doodle Designs. I love to see everyone's progress as we stitch along together. 

Well, I'm off to go plant some dahlia bulbs from our cousin and then if I'm not too horribly sore, I'm going to start planting the garden. Hubby got it all worked up for me so I need to get things planted!


Happy quilting! Stay Well!

Cindy and Belvedere



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the block. Just to let you know that the pattern has May block instead of June printed on the top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the heads up and has been since corrected. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't interesting how great a new block is when we play with simple old designs? I love that block! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shows more than 9-patches. There are HST also. Which is the BOM?

    ReplyDelete