Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Bumble the Gnome


 Spring is here and I have started cleaning up the perennial gardens and I'm happy to say I've seen a couple of bees too. We have a cousin that is a beekeeper and we have been lucky enough to get jars of fresh honey from him. I love honey in black tea. I love to cook with it. Honey is a wonderful glaze on roasted carrots too! To make honey glazed roasted carrots. I clean and slice several carrots and put them in a 9 by 13 pan. I drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast them in a 425-degree oven until done. As soon as they come out of the oven, I drizzle honey on them and give the pan a good stir. Yum!  One of my family's favorites. 

Bumble is a sweet gnome that takes being a beekeeper seriously. It's a fun design with a touch of whimsy. The design pictured was put on a tea towel that I made out of some fabric from Marcus Fabrics. I like how it turned out. It'll be so cute in my kitchen. I currently have it hanging on a cabinet door in the corner of my kitchen. It adds a nice pop of color!

I pulled some great bumblebee colors from my Marcus Fabric stash.... 

The pattern can be found both on the Quilt Doodle Website and in the Etsy Shop under the PDF patterns. Download the pattern and trace the gnome pieces onto the paper side of your fusible web.

I then group the shapes with the fabric colors and iron the fusible web onto the back side of the fabric following the manufacturer's directions.

Then position the gnome pieces to form the design and iron it in place. Something I didn't do, you can line your white fabric with an extra layer of fabric and fusible web to hide the overlapping shapes. This will make the gnomes beard and mustache appear a little crisper without the color bleeding thru from the body and hat pieces.

Using black or dark brown thread, machine stitch around all of the raw edges of the design. When finished, sew the button to the center of the flower and stitch the bee's antennae.

~ Bumble ~

I hope that you enjoy this cute new design. It's a fun one to do and it only takes an afternoon to do. Bumble can be found in my Etsy Shop and also on the Website. It is a PDF download.

Hope you are having a wonderful day and find some time to do some stitching!

Happy Quilting,
Cindy and Josaphine

No comments:

Post a Comment