Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July's Block

Welcome July! I feel like summer is getting away from me. July always flies by quickly for me. It's a busy month, we have a lot on the calendar to make the month fly by... 4th of July, our anniversary, a trip to the cabin and then the day to day shenanigans to fill in between. Although the 4th will be a little quieter then usual, we still plan on celebrating with a picnic and fireworks in our own backyard. 

This month's block is based on the classic Ohio Star block. You will need three different fabrics. My block below shows three different reds. You can use different colors, A dark, medium and light toned fabric. It's up to you! Make the quilt your own. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's variations of the same block. Remember to pop over to the Quilt Doodle Website to download your July directions for this month's block. You will find all of the cutting directions there.


You will make four Ohio Star blocks....

For each Ohio Star block you will need 4 of the triangle square blocks.


And then sew the four Ohio Star blocks together to  make one large 20 1/2 " x 20 1/2 " block.

 I hope you have fun making this month's block.  Remember the goal is to use fabric from your stash!

The monthly FREE pattern is available on my website. I have a special 2020 BOM section on my website. Each month the FREE pattern will be posted. But as soon as the new section or block is out the old block pattern will no longer be a freebie. But it will still be available for a small fee on my website or in my Etsy shop. If you want to share your finished blocks, feel free to post them on Facebook Group (Quilt Doodle Designs Grandmas Attic BOM 2020) and tag me or post them on Instagram tag Quilt Doodle Designs. I love to see everyone's progress as we stitch along together. 

Well, I'm off to go and check on the gardens. We've had so much rain here over the last few days. (7" last Sunday night) My poor plants are drowning, I'm hoping on a couple of hot dry days to dry the ground up a bit. The dahlia bulbs I planted last month are all up and thriving, I'm looking forward to when they bloom. The rain knocked all my zinnias and sunflowers over. I'm going to see if I'm able to stake them up so they can stand tall again. Then I'm going to hide out in my sewing room and get some stitching done!


Happy quilting! 
Cindy and Belvedere



2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy
    I am having trouble finding a working link to this months BOM (July) The side link is not working , I may be doing something wrong , any help would be appreciated. I do sew love doing your BOM's.
    Thank you and stay safe
    in stitches
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it ;0) went through my email and was able to get the link to the website. All is good

      Delete