Saturday, April 26, 2014

Monkeyshine!

This has got to be one of my favorite projects that I worked on this winter. It gave me the giggles as I sewed along. I was giddy with excitement at times too, my family thought I had finally lost it. The truth is, I love sock monkeys... don't know why, just do. It was no surprise that when I asked for testers, a ton of you jumped right in with both feet with enthusiasm. I am thrilled with the results, so I thought I would share the photos that they sent me on their progress as they tested the quilt....
Amy's Monkeyshine quilt pieces all ready to sew and applique
Monkey block all done! Beautiful stitching!

Love the bright colors that Amy used! So cheerful!
Cathy's finished quilt top. Love it!!!
Gale's finished Monkeyshines quilt, love it with pink too!
Here is Gale's quilt while she was working on it...
A sneak peek at the back... I really love the pieced back. I think this is
a great idea. Her label is nicely done too! There sure is a lucky little one out there!
Heidi's striped fabric and a monkey block... great fabric!
Heidi's applique is very nicely done, changing thread colors takes time
but is certainly worth the effort.
Love the quilt paired with a sock monkey, this would be a great gift idea!
Love this picture from Heidi, it just gave me the giggles!
Karen's quilt top turned out great!
Here's a close-up of one of Karen's blocks. Beautiful job with
the buttonhole stitch... love it!
Close-up of Rose's block. Great fabrics!
Rose's finished quilt top...
I owe these generous quilters a huge THANK YOU for their hard work and wonderful craftsmanship. If you are looking for a fun quilt to make for a little one, this is a good one! Use fabric from your stash or buy special fabric, this is a great pattern. I know I had fun making it and these ladies enjoyed the pattern too! A PDF copy of this pattern can be found on Etsy and also on Craftsy.

Happy quilting!


3 comments:

  1. That is really cute and definitely a quilt to make children smile.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy this is a wonderful quilt. Will definitely remember it for my next baby event. It's just plain ole fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Is that the quilt I had to turn down? I'm sorry I missed it~~it's adorable! Nice work all!

    ReplyDelete