Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Relaxing Weekend...




Photobucket

Happy Saturday! I'm planning on having some quilty fun this weekend! Link up to some linky parties and share some quilting fun with everyone! I found a new linky party that is hosted by Pigtales and Quilts. The link is at the beginning of this posting. Looks like fun, I'm planning on checking back in with the link and do some hopping around to visit everyone.  Then I plan to do some quilting, make some Super Bowl snacks and relax. Doesn't that sound perfect! Oh yeah.... I almost forgot, I received some beautiful fabric in the mail from Marcus Brothers, P&B Textiles and Studio E to play with....

Can't wait to work with these!

As I said before, it's Super Bowl weekend. I don't even know what teams are playing, but I'm looking forward to relaxing and watching the game with my boys. Just got back from buying all of my ingredients for some yummy game day snack food. The game day menu at my home will be...

Chips and Guacamole
Buffalo Wings
Baked Potato Dip 
veggie tray (I need at least one healthy choice)


Baked Potato Dip
(from Campbell's Kitchen)
A co-worker made this a couple of weeks ago and I could have eaten it with a spoon!

1 can (10 3/4 oz can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
16 oz sour cream
1 (3 oz) jar real bacon bits (I'm using cooked bacon diced)
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 bunch green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
black pepper to taste

Mix all together, garnish with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese and bacon bits and 
serve with your favorite chips for dipping.

Enjoy!




5 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy... Thank you for linking up to the Saturday Sharing Day. I have updated your link on your button to reflect coming to this post associated with the linky party.

    Hope several of your friends will come over and join in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Baked Potato dip sounds awesome. I think I just might add that to my menu for tomorrow too! Have fun with playing around with the fabric...that's always fun to do! Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are trying some new appetizer recipes tomorrow as my daughter and her boyfriend are here for the weekend. Always fun to eat and watch the game (and the commercials!). Pretty Stash Enhancements...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, the baked potato dip, I have to make this. XX Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baked potato dip looks wonderful. We do not watch football around here and if we did it would be near impossible with 3 little boys, and the extended family seems to always have our weekends tied up. We are going appliance shopping with the MIL today. (Think I can sneak a new dishwasher and she won't notice?) Have a great Super Bowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete