Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Quilt Retreat...

August 2011
That's my mom hiding behind her quilt.  Isn't this a lovely quilt,
this was the first project that she completed.

Colleen's 'Lilly' naps in the chair next to my sewing station.  I think the hum of
the sewing machines put her to sleep.

A stack of squares all ready for me to iron.... working on a quilt idea.

Here's two versions of the same pattern I'm working the kinks out of.
I'm not sure which I like better.  Both of these were completed during quilt retreat.

This is 'Kobee' the neighbors dog.  He's adopted Colleen and her 'quilt family'.  He spent most of the time at Cozy Home Stitches.  He's a big moose of a dog.  Very lovey dovey.... wants to cuddle with everyone!  Thinks he's a lap puppy, but his head is the only thing that's 'lap' sized.

A really sweet baby quilt that my sister completed while at quilt retreat.

My 'no-name yet' quilt that mom tested for me.  I like this color version too!

I completed this cute quilt too!  The embroidery was done during vacation this year at the lake.  It was nice to finish putting it together at retreat. 

Early one morning, while everyone else was still sleeping, I put this together.
Shhhhhhhhhhhh!  I'm giving it to my mom.

Then I worked on my Civil War Diary Quilt.... then decided that my body ached and I needed to stretch.  So I went for a walk...

While going for a small walk outside, I admired the horses...

and Colleen's beautiful gardens...

the sound of the water is so relaxing.... then I went back inside.  Feeling all refreshed.

And worked on my Civil War Diary Quilt some more.
I wish I would have taken more pictures.  But I was having so much fun sewing, and laughing, and eating, and snacking.  It was a wonderful weekend spent at Cozy Home Stitches and Retreat Center.  The meals were fabulous, Colleen and Anne spoil us rotten and treated us like queens.  It's always fun and relaxing to spend time with them.  Our 'quilt' family... can't wait to go again in March! 

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you,

No comments:

Post a Comment