Sunday, January 1, 2023

Januarys Section for the Santa's Journey BOM 2023


Happy New Year! I'm getting a little bit of a slow start this morning. I stayed up to watch the fireworks in our neighborhood after watching my sweet little granddaughter yesterday. My heart is full. It was so much fun spending the day with little sweet pea. It's a pretty laid-back day today. Waiting for the Vikings Packers game later on today hoping for a Vikings win. I'm planning a quiet afternoon sitting in my comfy chair with Josephine on my lap. I hope that you have a wonderful New Year's Day planned too!
Today also marks the beginning of another fun block of the month! Come and join the fun in 2023! Help spread the word and tell all your quilting friends about this fun wintery block of the month! Each month we will work on a new section of this mystery quilt. There's basic piecing, some applique and other fun embellishments. As always, the monthly directions will be free during that month and then available for a small fee after that.
Finished measurements of the 2023 BOM quilt is 60" x 70"

Quilt kits will be available, make sure to pre-order yours now so you have your fabric in time for our quilty adventure. Kits have been shipped out, there was a delay with the fabric. My fabric order went to another shop, I'm glad that it was located and sent to me! Fabric is 100% cotton and from Marcus Fabrics by Quilt Doodle Designs.

Pre-order your kits HERE

Grab the button and link it to the Quilt Doodle Blog and help spread the word! 

Want to use your own fabric.... Here's what you'll need

If you are using fabric from your stash, remember that you need 3 yards for the blue fabric.  The block fabric is the consistent background color. I used tone on tone fabric throughout. You can get scrappy with the other colors if you want to.  Remember the quilt is a mystery! But the name gives you a pretty big clue. It'll be a fun quilt to put out for the holidays. This month's section is a strip made out of friendship blocks using the blue background color and then a yellow and gold for the stars.


I will be doing two versions of this quilt as we sew along. The blue version and then a white one. It will be the same pattern just a different background. Make sure to download the PDF directions on the website. Grab your fabric and start sewing!

Make 4 gold Friendship Star Blocks.

Make 4 yellow Friendship Star Blocks.

 Each month's pattern is a free PDF instant download. If you miss a month, the patterns are available for $2.50 on my website and also in my Etsy shop.  


If you don't have a printer, you can purchase a PRINTED copy of the pattern

 There's also a Facebook Group, please join and post your progress! It's also fun to see everyone else progress too! Make sure to post your blocks so far! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful day and find some time to do some stitching! I'm going to go check out what I have for football snacks and go relax. Wishing you all the best for the New Year! May your year be full of blessings!

Happy quilting,
Cindy and Josephine


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the start of a 2023 quilt journey with a mystery quilt. Happy New Year to you !
    in stitches Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to this. Thanks for helping 2023 to be a great year after all the trials and tribulations of the last few years. I am also looking forward to the finishing instructions for the stitch-a-long that you did before Christmas. hope you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good, looks like a fun easy start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I clicked the link for February's block, my computer says it's a harmful sight and said go there.

    ReplyDelete