Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Forgotten Kisses Cookies

A batch of these yummy cookies were in the oven a couple nights ago... an easy Christmas cookie to make last minute. I'm running out of time to get all I want to do finished, I know I'm not alone. These cookies are quick and easy to last minute. I usually pop them in the oven right before I go to bed. They're one of the favorites in our home and it isn't Christmas until I get these made.

Forgotten Kisses
2 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp peppermint extract
8 - 10 drops green food coloring
1  6 oz package chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Beat egg whites until frothy, gradually add sugar.  Add cream of tartar, flavoring, and food coloring to egg whites.  Beat at high speed 10 to 12 minutes.  Fold in chocolate chips, drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Set in preheated oven.  Turn off oven and wait 5 hours or overnight before opening the door.



The perfect treat to leave Santa...

Have a great day! Happy Holidays!
Cindy and Josephine

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, if I leave out the chocolate chips, which I can't have, maybe I could eat these bites of sugar! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. does the cookie get hard or does it stay soft

    ReplyDelete