Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September's Block Grandma's Attic BOM


Happy September everyone! I'm a bit slow to get this posting up since we just got back from a family vacation. It was the last hurrah for this summer. We had beautiful weather and it only rained overnight and was sunny the next day, perfect! I enjoyed playing cards and relaxing while the guys went out fishing. I was amazed how quickly our vacation flew by. It was hard to pack up and come home, we had such a relaxing, fun time with our family. I'm already looking forward to next year! 

This block is laid out the same as April's block. Same pieces are cut out, just a little differently. This block is called 'Snowball' even though it doesn't resemble a snowball. You can use all the same color or make your block scrappy by using several red fabrics. So go to the Quilt Doodle Website and download the pattern. Let's get started!

To begin with, follow the directions on the PDF that you download and cut out all of your pieces, and label as shown. Feel free to make your block scrappy if you would like. Have fun, relax and sew.
Starting with the triangles labeled ‘A’, sew the ‘light’ and ‘dark triangle pieces together. Iron. Trim these triangle squares to measure 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" squares.

Following the diagram on your PDF pattern, lay out your block pieces to form the block and sew each 'row'.



Then sew the rows together matching up the seams. Iron. Trim the block to measure 10 1/2" x 10 1/2". Make 4 blocks total.


And then sew the four Snowball blocks together to  make one large 20 1/2 " x 20 1/2 " block.

~ Snowball ~

 I hope you have fun making this month's block.  Remember the goal is to use fabric from your stash!

The monthly FREE pattern is available on my website. I have a special 2020 BOM section on my website. Each month the FREE pattern will be posted. But as soon as the new section or block is out the old block pattern will no longer be a freebie. But it will still be available for a small fee on my website or in my Etsy shop. If you want to share your finished blocks, feel free to post them on Facebook Group (Quilt Doodle Designs Grandmas Attic BOM 2020) and tag me or post them on Instagram tag Quilt Doodle Designs. I love to see everyone's progress as we stitch along together. 

Today I will continue to play catch up from having a few days off. I really would love to spend some time in my sewing room but that will have to wait until tomorrow. Remember to post your blocks onto the Facebook Group, I'm thinking of having another little giveaway.

Happy quilting! 
Cindy and Belvedere

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! That looks great! I might like a whole quilt of these, maybe alternating red and blue circles.

    ReplyDelete