Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Sleeping Under the Stars


I just love the added designs on my Woodland Getaway panel and making mug rugs is a quick and easy project. The camper and tent design would make great mug rugs. As you can see in the photo that I have embroidered sections of the panel. I’m going to use the camper section for today’s project. I’m saving the tent and words sections for a special project, can’t wait to show you! But for today I’m making an adorable mug rug, the directions are below... you don’t have to embroider the panel, it can be left plain too. 


For my mug rug, I used fabric scraps I had left over from working on my Woodland Getaway BOM quilt. I used a green and gold plaid fabrics to match the panel. Mug rugs are also a great project to practice free motion quilting. A small project like a mug rug or table runner are easy to manage for free motion quilting. It’s a great opportunity to try out a new border design like the holly leaves I quilted in the border of my mug rug. To set it off I bound my mug rug using a red plaid. I just love how it turned out.I hope you enjoy this little freebie pattern using my Woodland Getaway panel. I love making mug rugs.  This mug rug is the perfect size to display in a camper or at the cabin. I don’t have a camper or cabin up north but I have a million memories of time spent fishing at a resort cabin. Having this sweet mug rug out on display reminds me of many fond memories and a few fish tales.  I do have the Woodland Getaway fabric panel available in my Etsy and Website Stores. The panel is also available in many local quilt stores too!

Happy quilting,
Cindy & Belvedere



No comments:

Post a Comment