Sunday, February 16, 2020

Woodland Getaway

 I'm in love with these beautiful warm tones, these are very often my go to colors when I make a quilt for myself so when Marcus Fabrics asked me to pick out colors for a new line of Primo Plaids I knew exactly what colors I was going to pick. They are rich and warm and a delight to work with. This line of Primo Plaids is called Lumber Jack and I'm head over heels in love with them. These wonderful fabrics is available for quilt shops to order now so keep your eye out for them! I also have a new panel and BOM to go with these beautiful flannels too. The new panel is called Woodland Getaway and will be available in quilt shops in March. It features a woodland cabin which was inspired by all of the fun fishing trips out family has taken over the years. The panel can be embroidered or left as is. I have picked out Valdani and DMC thread that work well with the colors of the flannel. I like to use Valdani #12 pearl cotton for stitching. When I embroidered the panel I used a backstitch, French knot and gave the snowman a satin stitched nose. There's lots of opportunity to be creative while stitching this panel. There's also some fun extras on the panel to play with too. I'll do more postings to give you some fun projects using this panel.
There's a snowman too! All dressed up for winter with his warm wooly hat.

The front entryway is all decked out with a Welcome sign...
~Woodland Getaway BOM~
Keep your eyes out for this BOM at a participating quilt shop near you!

Happy quilting!
Cindy and Belvedere

2 comments: