Saturday, February 8, 2020

Spreading Love Snowman

It's that time of year that love is in the air.... so I drew up a new design featuring a sweet little snowman spreading love everywhere as this cute pickup drives along. It was so nice to putz around this morning and work on something new. This little snowman has been sitting on my to do pile for almost a month and I finally got around to it today. I tried something new today, I used a new product to me, Flexifuse lightweight fusible web. (The company does not know I'm doing a shout out nor have I been asked to do so.... I just like the product) I recently bought a new machine and it hated my go to fusible web. I mean, really hated it.... I had skipped stitches along with a gummy mess. Frantic I jumped onto Amazon and looked for something new to use in hopes that I would be able to applique again! I was very frustrated to say the least... Well I remember seeing Flexifuse at Quilt Market so I thought I would give it a try. It works great and I'm really happy with the results. The Flexifuse that I picked up is 8 1/2" x 11" so paper sized. I decided to run it thru my printer and have my pieces printed right onto the paper side of the sheet instead of having to trace my shapes. What a fabulous time saver! It made it so easy to cute the pieces apart then to fuse onto the back of my fabric and then cut the shapes out like you would normally do for fusible applique. 

Here I have all my pieces layered onto my towel and ironed down.

Typically I use brown thread to applique around everything but I wanted a softer look for my Valentine design. I matched up my fabric colors and used white, blue, and red thread. I did have a bit of trouble stitching around the snowman, I'm still getting used to my new machine.

I used a black pearl cotton for stitching the snowman details. To make the trucks tires I used my 30 mm yo-yo maker. One of my most used notions in my sewing room.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/quiltdoodledesigns
~Spreading the Love Snowman~
I just love how my little Valentine loving snowman turned out. He looks very sweet in my kitchen and just brings a smile to my face. This new pattern can be found in my Etsy Shop as an instant PDF download. It's a great way to use up some of your fabric pieces and when finished makes an adorable gift for someone you love.

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and find some time to do some stitching. 

Happy Quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere

2 comments: