Wednesday, December 12, 2018

12 Days of Christmas,Day 12


Day 12

Today is the last day for the 12 days of Christmas. I am amazed at how quickly it went! I have a sweet marshmallow snowman to share with you. He's taking it easy in a mug of hot cocoa. Soaking in his own chocolate hot tub. When the boys were small I always greeted them with mugs of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and a heaping bowl of popcorn when they would come in from playing in the snow. Sometimes, I would bring the treats outside to them if they were having too much fun building snow forts, snowmen or sliding ramps for their plastic sleds. Such fond memories.

The pattern is written for putting the design on a tea towel but I have decided to turn it into a mini quilt or mug rug. I just love these little projects. This one took me a couple of hours this afternoon to put together.

Trace all your shapes onto the paper side of the heat n bond and iron onto fabric scraps.

Then cut fabric for your front and back if you are making a mug rug. I cut my fabric rectangle 9" x 10 1/2"

Cut all your applique pieces out.

Layer a piece of batting in between the front and back of your mug rug.

Layer all your applique pieces in place and iron.

For the mug rug, I am stitching thru all of the layers with a buttonhole stitch.
Quilting it as I go...

When you are done stitching, square up the edges of your mug rug.

For the binding cut a piece 2 1/4" by the WOF (44")
Fold in half wrong sides together lengthwise and iron.

I like to then sew it from the back side using a 1/4" seam. Remember to miter your corners. For this mug rug, I then folded the edge over to the front and did a decorative stitch to sew then binding down. It's a quick and easy finish when you are short on time and don't want to hand stitch.

I used three 1/4" buttons for the holly berries.

This snowman's eyes are embroidered on using French knots. Isn't he a happy little fellow.

~Marshmallow Snowman~


This is a bright and cheerful design. I made it into a mug rug but it would be equally as cute on a tea towel. It would also be cute on a corner of a flour sack towel too! Put him on a pillow, an apron.... the possibilities are endless!
Marshmallow snowman can be found in my Etsy shop as a PDF download.

I hope that you have enjoyed my 12 Days of Christmas this year. It's the first time I have done one on the blog. I had a lot of fun sharing with you a couple of my favorite recipes and my designs. I hope that you find the time to make some of these for gift giving. I know doing the series helped me get a few gifts done for this Christmas!

 I wish you all a happy and blessed holiday season. Enjoy the time with your family and friends! I hope that you are able to enjoy a cup of hot cocoa and do some quilting. Remember, don't forget the marshmallows and candy cane! Make sure to pop some popcorn too! (and don't forget the butter!)

Happy quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere


If you missed anything, I have put together a Pinterest board for the 12 Days of Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Cindy and Belvedere! Thank you for the fun parade into the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Belvedere is so adorable. So is that snowman!! Thank you again for all your great patterns.

    ReplyDelete