Tuesday, December 11, 2018

12 Days of Christmas, Day 11


Day 11

Welcome to the eleventh day of the Quilt Doodles 12 Days of Christmas. I've got another fun project for you!
A couple of fun snowman projects for you today. They are both mini quilts that can be hung on a split wire hanger from ackfeld or displayed on a tabletop. Living in Minnesota, I have my snowmen on display thru March, no kidding. We have snow for that long, in fact I remember a snowfall in May! (Back when I was in high school!) It was one of those wet, heavy snows. I went to school in a windbreaker and froze on the way home!  Crazy! Anyway, these sweet snowmen are fun to put out for the holidays because they are decorating a Christmas tree. Just like I did a couple of weeks ago. I love doing applique on my machine using heat n bond. I usually use a dark color thread for all of my machine stitching. It's also a great way to use up little bits and pieces from other projects that I have completed.

I've got all of my machine stitching done here in this picture. I just pulled fabric from my stash at home. I used a light blue polka dot for the background fabric. It reminded me of snow falling. A snowflake fabric would be cute too! 

None of my hand stitching is done yet, I wait until I have all of my machine applique and quilting done. It's just a personal preference. 

You can see my machine quilting well in this picture. I free motion quilted a holly design on the border for each mini quilt. The string of lights are made with an embroidered 'string' with mini buttons for the Christmas lights. I think these are so cute shown together as a set. I just love how all these snowmen are working together to get the Christmas tree decorated in time for the holidays.

~Snow Much Decorating!~

~Topping the Tree~

Both of these patterns can be found in my Etsy shop and also on the website. They are available either as PDF instant downloads or packaged patterns.

I hope you have a wonderful day and find some time to do some sewing! I've saved today to spend in my sewing room. I have so many projects to work on I'm not even sure where to begin! I've spent the last several days getting ready for my husband's family Christmas that I haven't had any down time to stitch. Now that is over, and my house is clean, I'm going to hibernate in my studio for the day. I am so looking forward to listening to an audio book and sewing. 


Happy Quilting,

Cindy and Belvedere

2 comments:

  1. I don't know where to begin either! LOL I have a pile of your patterns now. But they are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patterns are not on Etsy. We can I get them?
    Thank you,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete