Wednesday, December 5, 2018

12 Days of Christmas Day 5


Day 5

Welcome to the 5th day of the Quilt Doodles 12 Days of Christmas. Todays design is a freebie. Yup a freebie, a gift from me to you to inspire you to make a fun project for this holiday season.  My close friends know that I love my wine and I love to give wine as gifts during the holidays. So today, I'm going to show you a festive gift bag for a bottle of wine.

For this project you will need, a fat quarter fabric (I used a red and black buffalo plaid), heat n bond, an 8" x 10" piece of white fabric, black thread and a bottle of wine. The PDF applique deer head silhouette can be found HERE 

Here I have white snowflake fabric and some flannel buffalo plaid.
Trace the deer head silhouette onto the heat n bond.


Cut the flannel to measure15" x 22" Then fold it in half wrong sides together. (It will measure 15" x 11") Stitch a 1/4" topstitch along the folded edge of the rectangle. This will be the top edge of the bag.

Iron the heat n bond onto the wrong side of the white fabric and then cut it out.

Center the deer design onto the front of the bag rectangle. The bottom edge of the deer should be about 2" from the bottom raw edge.

Machine stitch around the designs edge sewing thru all of the fabric layers.

Cute! I just love this fabric combination.

Sew the side and bottom seams, right sides together.

I 'boxed' the corners before turning it right side out so that it would give the bottom a smoother round base.

Then turn your wine gift bag right side out and pop a bottle of wine in the bag. 

To finish it off, you can tie a ribbon acrossed the top or use a brand new hair tie like I did. I always have these on hand. I get them from the dollar store. 

Two bottles of wine all ready for gift giving!

These are also great decorations just sitting around in the dining room.
These make great hostess gifts. The size of the gift bag can easily be altered to hold other goodies too for your gift giving. I got these put together in an afternoon. I made two of them, thinking I would like to make a few more if time allows.

Hope you have a great day and find some time to do some sewing!
Happy quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere

4 comments:

  1. Lovely design! Thank you for the pattern and the inspiration! Perfect for gifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confused-----how can I cut fabric 15" x 22" and fold it in half and it measure 15" x 22" ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I have corrected my posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea on the wine bag, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete