Monday, December 10, 2018

12 Days of Christmas Day 10


Day 10

Welcome to the tenth day of the Quilt Doodles 12 Days of Christmas. I've got another fun project for you!
One of my favorite patterns is Tea with Frosty. It's a sweet teapot design featuring a snowman. I like to leave mine out all winter. In Minnesota I can leave my snowmen out until Easter!  Yesterday we hosted my husband's family Christmas celebration.  It was a lovely day and we enjoyed seeing everyone. With all of the preparation that went into it, I'm certainly ready to put my feet up and relax with a cup of tea. After I send orders out I might even steal some time and do some sewing of my own later this afternoon and this would be a fun project to work on.  Tea with Frosty is sure to delight anyone on Santa's list! Let me show you how quickly this went together! I bet you have fabric in your stash you could use right now! For the background and backing all you need is a fat quarter! I like to use a swirly blue for my background. A snowflake design would be adorable too.
I start out with an 8" x 10" fabric rectangles for the front and backing. I also cut an 8" x 10" piece of batting.

I then trace all my applique pieces onto my heat n bond lite, iron them onto my fabric and then cut them all out. I follow the design placement sheet on where to put everything. Some of the elements will overlap.

After I iron everything in place I pin the front, batting and backing together.
As I do my applique stitch, it will also quilt my mug rug at the same time.

Here you can see me stitching away....

I'm ready to sew on my binding. I didn't quilt the background but if you want it will add a special touch to your mug rug.

After I stitch my binding in place I then sew on the buttons to embellish the Tea with Frosty mug rug. I use pearl cotton to embroider Frosty's eyes and mouth.

All ready to surprise someone on my gift list!
I like to have mug rugs on hand, they make quick gifts. They can be paired up with some chocolate and a mug and you have a fantastic gift. I also like to display them on my end tables. They make wonderful coasters. This pattern can be found in my Etsy shop and also on the website.
I hope you have a wonderful day and find some time to do some sewing!
Happy Quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere

2 comments: