Saturday, September 30, 2017

October's Block!

It's hard to believe that October has arrived! The leaves are turning, pumpkin spice can be found everywhere! It's my favorite time of year. The stores are displaying mums for sale, love the bright colors. With the arrival of fall we are reminded that the holiday season is just around the corner! Yes, I mean Thanksgiving and Christmas! My last block celebrates all of the holidays that we spent with my grandparents. Growing up, we lived miles away from our grandparents. I mean many, many miles. No matter how far away we were, grandma and grandpa would pack up their car and make sure they were with us for the holidays! (and many trips were also made by my Aunt Shirley and Uncle Steve too) They made trips to Texas and New York from North Dakota, always by car. I don't know how they got everything packed into their car, but it was always full of Christmas gifts! Several trips to the car to bring them in... Christmas gifts and baked goods...  Mom and dad would have a houseful at holiday time. It was always so much fun and we loved their visits! So this month's block, the final block celebrates all of the trips they took to see us and that we took to see them!
Christmas many years ago...
There were three santas that year putting together a Wonder Horse!

Now onto this months design! I have one block for you to complete, this is the last block for the quilt. It is probably my favorite (although, they all are my favorites!) it's grandma and grandpa's car all packed for the holidays! 
This month's design will be put on the background white/cream fabric on point.

Find the center of your 12 1/2" square...
Trace the shapes onto your heat n bond, then iron them onto the fabric. Cut them out then lay your fabric pieces onto your fabric... some of the pieces will overlap. Iron in place.

Machine applique using a small button hole stitch. I used black thread.
~ Holiday Car ~

Remember you can embroider the design if you are not a fan of machine applique.

Patterns can be found on the Quilt Doodle website and on Craftsy (Not until the 1st of the month). Did you miss a pattern along the way? The past monthly patterns can be found in my Etsy and Craftsy shops for a small fee.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Holiday Car.

With all of this talk about trips.... I'm pretty excited, I have an all girls trip with my mom and sisters all planned! It was mom's birthday gift from my sisters and I. We are so excited to go to Branson, our tickets are bought for some fun shows, hotel is reserved, we made special t-shirts to wear. I'm hoping to find a quilt shop or two. I've gotta go and pack my suitcase. I'm looking forward to lots of laughs and fun with the women I love most. I Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

          Let’s have some quilty fun!
Cindy

4 comments:

  1. Sweet memories! Thank you for the cute pattern :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might just be my favorite. Now to find time to sew these cute blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for taking me back in time and bringing up some special memories for me. And also, for the wonderful patterns that you have given us this year. The Dresden Plate has always been one of my favorite patterns and I love your applique patterns for the center..thanks for your generosity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful memories you have, and that block is a beautiful depiction of it. Enjoy your trip to Branson, that's going to be a magnificent bunch of memories, too!

    ReplyDelete