Saturday, July 4, 2015

Recovering Items

Happy 4th of July! It is a total coincidence that the block I'm showing you today is red, white and blue. The block I'm showing you today is called 'Recovering Items '. I picked out fabric that matches what is in Rosemary's book. Red, white and blue! In this passage Emma writes about how much of their clothing they lost. She also writes about calico  being priced at $25 to $30 a yard. That's a fortune even in today's economy! How much would you pay a yard for fabric? I'll pay $12 a yard, but rarely do. It's gotta be pretty awesome for me to pay too much. But then again if you pay $4 for a fat quarter.... well that's $16 a yard. So I guess I'm guilty of paying that much a yard... don't let the hubby know.

I'm so glad I saved all of those little bits and pieces...
They sure came in handy for this block. I love how it looks scrappy!
'Recovering Items'
March 14, 1864
Have a wonderful week!  Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr.

I will be working on 'Bolts of Fabric' out of Rosemary's book next. Hope that you have a great weekend! I love the 4th of July, I'm looking forward to watching fireworks tonight.

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!
Check out Rosemary's website.  Her books and Cd's can be ordered there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment