Saturday, June 14, 2014

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

I baked muffins this morning from scratch. Because it's Saturday, because Mark got home late last night from a business trip, because it's raining outside, it's father's day weekend and most importantly....because I'm too cheap to buy overpriced muffins at the store. I enjoy baking while my boys are still asleep. It pleases me to think that they will be waking up to the fresh smell of baked muffins and coffee. Yum! Who doesn't love that! Wilson's even excited, hoping for a scrap or two...

I have no secret family recipe, I googled Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, (hubby's favorite) and found a recipe from Food.com  I did make a couple of changes to it. I left out the lemon zest, added vanilla yogurt in place of the plain yogurt and topped the muffins with sliced almonds before baking. Hubby has given me the thumbs up and has enjoy several of the muffins this morning. I thought I would share the recipe with you since it's father's day weekend and maybe you would like to bake something too. Now I'm off to spend time in my sewing room. I've got some projects I should be working on. Ideas floating around my head.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Quilting,

5 comments:

  1. Sounds yum.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the only problem with home baking ... it tastes so damned good toy have to eat it ALL! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lemon poppy seed muffins but my husband doesn't, so I never make them. :(

    ReplyDelete