Sunday, February 12, 2012

Where did January go?

Ever feel like you are chasing the school bus and can't catch up.... well, I'm chasing.... Behind, behind, oh so behind on what my to-do list in my mind has listed.  I'm not sure where to start.  I am suddenly about 25 some odd houses behind on my 'building houses from scraps' challenge.  Oh my gosh, a month behind on my 'Takes Two' quilt.... have pattern drafts to work on for Spring Market.... testing.... correcting.... printing to do.... a block or two to do on my Civil War Diary Quilt.... where did January go?  Last weekend was a busy weekend.  My In-laws were visiting from Arizona for the weekend.... the weather here in Minnesota is crappy.  We should be visiting Arizona, hummmm something wrong with this picture! I felt the need to sew....so I tip-toed to my sewing room last Saturday morning before anyone was up to steal some time to work on a block on my Civil War Diary quilt.   Oh wait... it was Superbowl Sunday.... house full of people coming.....maybe I can catch up at my scheduled March quilt retreat with my mom and sister.....

So this weekend I finally was reunited with my sewing machines. Lucy and Ethel hummed happily. Here is what I accomplished for Civil War Saturday.... I got the next block done, Parlor Activities. I know it's not a lot, but it's progress.



Parlor Activities is a pretty straight forward block to make.  My fabric choices are similar to Rosemary's.

I did notice this little 'glitch' with the foundation paper I printed up from the companion CD...

I drew in the extra little bit that was missing on the foundation paper that I printed up.  A quick and easy fix!

Here you can see that I wrote in the fabric choices in each of the blocks so that I can easily keep track while I sew along.

I cut my fabric into easy to use strips....

Lining up my fabric for sewing....

I sew on the lines and a 1/4" past the lines to account for the seam allowance.

My two paper pieced sections are ready to be sewn together...

'Parlor Activites'
April 7, 1864

Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1547598@N25/

Next weekend I will be working on  'Hateful Old Thieves'.   Hope that you are able to join me next week as I continue on my Civil War Diary Quilt. Have a wonderful weekend, hope that you are able to find some time to quilt! I'm back to my studio to do a bit of house building.  Hope that you have a wonderful week stitching!

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!

1 comment:

  1. Love your post, it seems like we are working on the same projects, trying to keep up but I think it is almost impossible. Hoping to be building some houses tomorrow before the just takes two patterns come out ,:)

    ReplyDelete