Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Quilt Retreat, part one

I want to quilt feathers on everything...

 

I am still all tired out from quilt retreat, it was so much fun.  Here it is Wednesday and I'm still recovering.  Can't wait to go again!  It was a very productive weekend, I packed up some UFOs to work on and conquered a couple of my quilting fears.  Do you have anything that you were ever afraid to try?  Well, I did!  I have always been afraid to quilt feathers.  After visiting Leah's blog a few times I was inspired to give it a try.... really what could go wrong?  Except end up with a really ugly messed up quilt?  Well, I practiced doing feathers on some scrap muslin and then jumped right into my flower quilt.  I'm in love with quilting feathers.  I want to feather everything!  I stayed up Thursday night and feathered away and was so excited to finish the quilt I was up at 5:oo (am) to finish quilting my flower quilt.   

It's finished!  Time to work on the next UFO that I brought to quilt retreat...

Then I finished putting on borders on my postage stamp style quilt.  This quilt is made out of all of the scraps I've collected, mostly from my sister... I want to make another one.  Laura's given me another bag of scraps!
I want to quilt feathers on this too!

This quilt needs a name!  Help me name it....
This was a quilt I started at the last retreat, my first attempt at designing a lap sized quilt...
I was stuck on the borders and what to do and putting it away and coming back to it helped.  'Tootie', a quilt retreat buddy, I only see her at retreat, don't know her real name.  We all call her 'Tootie'.... well she showed me a wonderful way to make flying geese.  It was easy and fun to do!  So I conquered another quilting fear... a flying geese border.... now to follow my scribbled notes and write the pattern...
I love making flying geese borders now!  Want to put them on everything!!!

Finished my time at quilt retreat and made mom a mug rug.... isn't it cute!  I put a feather on it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment