Monday, March 14, 2011

Southern Notes

I worked on one block this last weekend for Civil War Saturday.  Having not really thinking through how I would handle my blog while I'm not at home.  I spent this last weekend on Quilt Retreat at Cozy Home Stitches in Kasson, Minnesota.  Had a wonderful time and will blog about it later this week.  I have so many pictures to share!!  So I am posting my Civil War Diary Quilt block really late.  I worked on 'Southern Notes' while on retreat.  I used colors similar to what is in Rosemary Youngs book, The Civil War Diary Quilt.  The gals at retreat loved the blocks I had done so far and loved the book!  The block, 'Southern Notes' is broken down into two paper piecing sections and is fairly easy to do.
Here I am sewing along, paper piecing,notice how I am sewing on the line and I stitch past the 1/4" seam allowance, it's easier to trim a block then to 'add' onto a block.... I also have marked each section with the color choice.  Otherwise I get goofed up while I sew along.


'Southern Notes' from the Civil War Diary Quilt Book.
Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1547598@N25/
This Saturday, March 19th,  I will be working on 'Harassment' from the Civil War Dairy Quilt Book.  Hope that you're able to join me in my journey.

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!


The Civil War Diary Quilt Book can be bought through paypal or through the mail from Rosemary Youngs...
The Civil War Diary Quilt book is available for $22.99 plus $4.95 priority mail, (global priority mail $11.95) . You can order the CD with the book, you will need  Electric Quilt 5 or 6 to run the CD, the CD alone is $10 and there is no extra charge for postage when you order the book with the CD, total cost for the CD with the book will be $32.99 plus your postage.
Send a check or money order to Rosemary Youngs, 3704 Nicole Ct., Walker, MI 49534
Labels:

No comments:

Post a Comment