Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mug Rug Swap

I love the mug rug that I received during the Inspiration Mug Rug Swap.  I have my mug rug proudly on display in my studio.  The bright colors give me hope that maybe spring is right around the corner.  I really need some inspiration to believe that spring is coming since we had a chilly 26 below wind chill this morning.  Do not go outside with wet hair....  
I also received a civil war fat quarter and a picture of a possible future project (Sewing machine cover).  It felt like Christmas when I opened it.  A wonderful surprise!



Mug rugs are fun and easy to do and are a wonderful project to work on if you don't have a lot of time.  I made a couple a few weeks ago and have discovered that the Civil War Diary Quilt squares are the perfect size to start a mug rug.  All you have to do is add an additional 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece of matching fabric to one side and you have the perfect mug rug!  Layer with batting and backing, quilt, bind and viola! 

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment