Sunday, April 21, 2024

April Showers Blog Hop!

Happy Monday! Today is the first day of the April Showers Blog Hop Challenge! So glad that you are here, I hope that you have fun hopping around and seeing all the quilty fun. We have had our share of rainy weather, but we have also had some cold days too where we are lighting the fireplace and looking for our winter sweaters! Today it's a bit warmer and I'm happy to say we might make it into the 60's. I did break down and buy some pansy pots for my front entryway, but I have been having to watch the temperatures so that they don't freeze! My daffodils are blooming so I know spring will soon be here. For my project I designed a sweet highland cow adorned with flowers. This sweet cow is also spending time picking flowers from the farmers garden too! It's a fun springtime design and looks adorable on display in my kitchen. It took me an afternoon to stitch together using some scrap fabric from my bits and pieces basket... let me show you how I put it together.

I traced the Highland Cow pieces onto the paper side of my fusible web. I like to use flexifuse since it does not gum up my machine. Then I iron the shapes onto the wrong side of my fabric scraps and then cut them out using my applique scissors. Following the manufacturer's directions I iron everything in place to form the cow design.

Once everything is fused in place, I machine stitch around all of the raw edges using brown thread and a buttonhole stitch. To finish my design I raided my button jar and found the perfect buttons for the cow's eyes and flower centers.
 
~ Highland Cow ~

I think it's super cute on display on my cupboard door.

If you want to make a Highland Cow of your own, it can be found in my Etsy Shop and also on my website as a PDF download.

April Showers may bring May flowers, but this year our second granddaughter waited until April to be born, (she was due in March) So she is our sweetest little April baby! We are smittened with her and can't wait to watch our two granddaughters grow and play together. 


I hope that you have a wonderful day and spend some time stitching. Make sure to leave a sweet comment and visit all of today's blogs. The list is below.

Happy quilting,
Cindy and Josephine


Monday April 22

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, A big congratulations on the sweet new little one in your life. Nothing makes the heart flutter more than a new grandbaby! Your Highland cow is just too cute too. Love him on the towel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of your adorable granddaughter. Your Highland cow is lovely also. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Highland Cows and yours is such a cute one! A new granddaughter is such a treasure...congratulations! She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your highland cow is cute! And congratulations on your new granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your cute little April baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New baby - new quilts! But it's hard to put the baby down long enough to quilt! So Beautiful! p. s. Love the Cow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Highland Cow is adorable. It she on an apron? Congratulations on your new granddaughter too. The link to your project directs to your website, and since I couldn't find a link to your blog, I searched Google to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy I love your Highland cow, especially on the towel! I think she looks perfect on your cupboard! That sweet new granddaughter is adorable! So precious. They grow up waaaayyy to quickly! Thanks for sharing them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Highland cow towel is cute. Congrats on your new granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete