Friday, October 27, 2023

Vinyl Project Bags

I just got back from a relaxing weekend at quilt retreat. The weekend just flew by! It always goes by so quickly! I like to bring a special treat for everyone so this year I made project bags for each of us and filled them with sewing supplies. (thread, spool holders, wonder clips, hand-made labels and candy, gotta have candy!) For my nephew I got him a couple of Lego sets to work on. These bags are fun to fill for quilting or other crafts that your friends may be doing.

Making project bags was a great way to use up my scrap fabrics from projects past. The bags I made used 2 1/2" squares, a couple fat quarters, or scrap fabric, a zipper and some vinyl. I used fabrics from my stash, so it was a great way to use up what I had. The only thing I had to purchase was the clear vinyl. I'm not a bag maker, I struggle with making bags, but this pattern was easy enough for me to make!

I like to chain stitch my squares to form my scrappy back for my project bags.

Iron the backing well.

Layer with a fun backing fabric, batting (I used up scraps for this) and your pieced square block.

Quilt as desired. I like to quilt corner to corners to form a nice cross hatch design.

The finished project bag measures, 12" x 12" when finished and is the perfect size to pack your sewing notions in for a weekend retreat!

This is a fabulous pattern, and it can be found here!



 These bags are awesome to fill for your friends, add some fun sewing stickers, candy for your retreat, thread, cute notions. Whatever comes to mind to personalize your gift. It's like filling a Christmas stocking but for quilters! Go plan your next quilting adventure with your sewing friends, pick a weekend, find a great restaurant for dinner, pack your clothes, fabric and project ideas. And don't forget to make some project bags for your friends!

Have fun and make some memories!
Cindy and Josephine



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great pattern! thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your machine Janome and also these stuff

    ReplyDelete