Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Monster Mash Quilt Blog Hop!

 

Welcome! It's my day to show you some spooky fun! I just got back from a quilt retreat with my mom and sisters. We had a wonderful time. This is our third time going to this retreat and we swore it was haunted, ha ha! It's a charming old creaky house with hidden passages between bedrooms, another locked door that seems to go nowhere, all sorts of creepy stuff which probably wasn't creepy for its time. I also didn't want to sleep in a room by myself, so I was happy to share a room with mom. I've listened to too many Stephen King books this month. So, this year I packed sage candles to burn. I also had some 2 1/2-inch Halloween charms that have traveled to retreat several times. I really didn't know what I wanted to do with them. Well, I finally figured out what I wanted to make with them, with a little inspiration from Pinterest.... I stayed up very late a couple of nights and made these two adorable spooky projects. 

I laid the 2 1/2" charm squares on the table next to my sewing machine and sewed a few half square triangles and improved sewed blocks for the ghost's eyes. I used all of my white and black blocks to make this sweet little scrappy ghost.

I then had a bunch of orange and gray blocks left, so I made a scrappy pumpkin block. I love the scrappy look...

Across the street from where we were staying the park was decked out in its Halloween finest. The local boy scout troop had a Halloween carnival set up with games and other fun items. If you look closely, my nephew is in the picture. He also joined us on retreat was excited to check the park activities. He loved the life-sized Guess Who game.

The black binding frames the pumpkin mini quilt nicely. I only had a couple of squares left over. Not enough to do much with... 

My nephew was a great help for taking photos and hid himself behind the scarecrow holding my mini quilts in place!

I hope that you enjoy my projects and aren't afraid to turn those little squares into a scrappy mini quilts. Now I've got some catching up to do and visit everyone who's created some fabulous projects! Have fun hopping and don't forget to leave some sweet comments. We love you hear from you! Thank you for Joan from Moose Stash Quilting for hosting this wonderful blog hop!

 Monday October 23

MooseStashQuilting

SelinaQuilts

The Morning Latte

Quilted Snail

Just Sew Quilter

Tuesday October 24

Scrapdash

Words & Stitches

Homespun Hannah's Blog

Domestic Felicity

Wednesday October 25

Karrin’s Crazy World

Just Because Quilts

Quilt Doodle Designs (You are here!)

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

MS P Designs USA

Thursday October 26

Just Let Me Quilt

BeaQuilter

Inflorescence

Quilting Gail

Quilted Delights

Grab a cup of coffee, a sweet treat. My favorite Halloween treat is a mixture of candy corn and roasted peanuts! Tastes like a salted nut roll, oh soooo goooood! 

Happy Hopping! Hope you have a spooky time!

Cindy and Josephine



15 comments:

  1. Both of your mini quilts are really cute. Great way make use of fabric squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your mini quilts are so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun place to retreat. Plenty of room to spook someone good! LOL!! Love your little mini's. I love turning scraps into little masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable projects! Sounds like a fun retreat. I am leaving for one in a couple of hours, but not at a spooky house. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That retreat sounds a little too creepy for me during the night, but I'd love to be there during the day. Where was this place? In spite of the scary stuff, it looks like you fought the hauntings and created awesome projects. Those little mini squares are always a challenge for me, but you did a great job being creative with them. Love that ghost! Thanks for sharing, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your retreat sounds like some good, spooky fun! Your projects are adorable! That little ghost could haunt me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those projects are the perfect way to use the 2 1/2 inch packs. I totally love the ghost and he looks perfectly loveable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your spooky minis! Hello to Josephine; I hope that she'll gets lots of trick-or-doggy treats for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are so cute, and practical with the 2.5" squares. I'm envisioning a whole quilt of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute ghost and pumpkin! You did well with your mini-charms! (I like peanuts and candy corn too--always make the mix at Halloween.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You scared me into getting out my squares and making some cute minis!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scrappy is so much fun. Both your pumpkin and ghost are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your scrappy pumpkin and ghost! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are both so great!! and a fun way to use 2 1/2 inch squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! Great way to use up those Halloween scraps!

    ReplyDelete