Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Cutting a Panel - Part 2


 Today's project is super easy! Great for a beginner... There's no seams, just some cutting. Once I slice into a panel, the next few cuts seem to come easier. Believe me, I still measure once then measure twice. But it's a little easier. So, grab a panel, I'm using my Snowfolks panel. And fussy cut a small design out, I am using the snowfolks snowman who is ice fishing. Talking about ice fishing, this particular design was inspired by my sons who go ice fishing during the winter up north, way up north in the Lake of the Woods area. Oh, don't worry about how cold it is, they are pretty spoiled and spend their time in an ice castle watching football, playing cards, eating smoked ribs. Okay back to this fun, quick project... which would work with my Snowfolks panel or even my Birds and Bees panel which will be in stores in October! Its also a great way to use up scrap batting and fabric left over from other Snowfolks projects. 

I fussy cut my ice fishing snowman and I'm using a nine patch block I made a few weeks ago.


Make a quilt sandwich with you batting, backing (my nine patch) and the snowman block, then quilt as desired... It's a good project for practicing your free motion quilting. When you are done, square your block up using a ruler and rotary cutter.


Bind your mini quilt as desired.

Ta-da! Super cute mini quilt to keep or give as a gift. A perfect little quilt to decorate your home with. Use it as a candle mat, mug rug whatever your heart desires.


I've got one more project to show you, using my snowfolks panel. 

I hope you have a great day and find some time to cut a panel apart and make some quick mini quilts!

Happy quilting,
Cindy and Josephine

7 comments: