Thursday, June 27, 2013

Party Central...

It's party central at my house for my son's Grad party. What he's nicknamed his 'Rad, Grad Party'... I'm calm, cool and appear collected. But if you know me, really know me, you know that under that big smile is lists and lists of type 'A' things to do. And if you look close enough, you will see my eye twitch. (A sign that my brain is on overload.) Inside I'm freaking about all of the what if's.... what if no one comes.... what if the weather is crappy.... what if my pork recipe fails.... what if....well the list is long. A lot of the prep stuff can't be done until this Friday. I'm planning a huge trip to Costco for fruit, chips and buns... along with a few other things.... I'm also looking forward to frosting cupcakes with my sister on Friday! It'll be fun! (my kitchen will look like an episode of Cupcake Wars) 

My husband and I have been knocking ourselves out with painting and cleaning. My gardens are still a mess and I hope to get to them soon. I once had a neighbor do 'midnight' gardening under spot lights from her husband's shop. I thought she was nuts then. I'm now rethinking this... it's not such a bad idea. It might be the only way I get the gardens done! The downside is I will have to bathe myself in Off to keep the mosquitoes away.

I've spent some time making some fun stuff to set Thomas' party different from his friends... to make it special.... here's what I've been working on....

I'm making little graduation caps using a 1 1/2" square of black card stock,  a brad and some ribbon....
then I glue them onto a Reese Peanut Butter cup....

I made a whole bowl full for the party!
They are so stinkin cute! I love how they turned out...
I couldn't find cupcake toppers in Thomas' school colors (red/burgandy, black, gold) so I decided to make my own. With help from my sister, Stef.  (Her Cricut is awesome!) Some clip art from the web, I came up with my own cupcake toppers.

I used my hot glue gun and attached wooden picks from the dollar store to my toppers...

All ready for the cupcakes!
Stef helped my use her Cricut and cut out a bunch of letters...

for a banner!
I'll share photos from Thomas' Rad Grad party next week. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather is perfect!

Happy Quilting, Have a Wonderful Weekend,

7 comments:

  1. Look out Martha Stewart...... all of your goodies are just wonderful! I'm sure it will all go smoothly (and what doesn't...no one but you will know) and it will be a wonderful party full of lifelong memories....Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love what you did with the Reese's peanut butter cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Mom. You have some great ideas. Congrats to your Son

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your son and have a great party!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas...so clever. It's going to be great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. things will be great. sounds like you have great help already. don't stress too much about all of this. Yes its a big deal, but they come for friendship and fun, not to look and see who is the best. You will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!! It will be wonderful!!! All the special extras will be treasured memories!!!! Keep Calm!!!

    ReplyDelete