Friday, December 31, 2021

NEW BOM!


 It's New Year's Eve and I have a new mystery BOM which will be starting tomorrow. There will be no kit this time, I am encouraging you to use fabric from your stash, that is the challenge, I am also using fabric from my Marcus fabric stash that I love. Each month's block will be an applique block. This quilt will also feature a scrappy sashing and a mixed block top and bottom border. The finished size will be 58" x 65". The twelve quilt blocks will be rectangular instead of square, each will feature a scrappy feathered friend's design! Something a little different.... these are the only clues I will give you.... 

Each month will feature an applique design, I have a stash of basic colors that I use for applique, I bet you do too! You will also need a basic cream or white for the applique blocks. You will need 1 3/4 yards of a cream/white background fabric. It can be a tone on tone or neutral print. This cream fabric will also be used for the top and bottom boarders along with some pieced cornerstones. You can also get scrappy with your cream fabrics! The applique blocks will measure 8 1/2" x 10 1/2" (this includes the seam allowance).

It's an adorable quilt when it is done. The finished size of the quilt is 58" x 65" Each month's pattern is a free PDF instant download. If you miss a month, the patterns are available for $2.50 on my website and also in my Etsy shop.  

 There's also a Facebook Groupplease join and post your progress! It's also fun to see everyone else progress too! Make sure to post your blocks so far! I will be ending this year's BOM with some giveaways. Make sure to stayed tuned for that!

Hope that you stop by tomorrow for the first block.  Remember the block will only be FREE for the month of January, after that it will be available for $2.50. All patterns are a PDF download. I suggest getting a file folder and printing up the patterns each month and stashing them in the folder. Especially if you aren't planning on working on it right away. That way you won't miss a thing!

Please help spread the word about the NEW Quilt Doodle BOM! Come and join the fun! See you tomorrow!

Happy quilting,
Cindy 


No comments:

Post a Comment