Thursday, March 18, 2021

Garden Path


 Spring is right around the corner and I just can't wait for warmer days and watching things grow in my garden. I have been planning my garden over the last couple of weeks and have ordered seeds and also have started some seeds indoors. I've invested in some grow lights last year and I love them. Best investment ever. Gosh, Amazon has everything...

I have even wintered over a couple of container gardens that I put on display by my front door during the summer. They are full of Boston Ferns and Wandering Jew. I'm amazed the inpatients are still blooming too.  I'm feeling pretty accomplished at keeping these pots alive over the winter. Growing things indoors over the winter has been uplifting and I look forward to my flowers and vegetable plants this summer. I'm also looking forward to the arrival of the bees and hummingbirds again. While designing this quilt I thought about my love for growing things, so this nostalgic quilt features embroidered bees and various flowers and plants, there's even a garden glove. The quilt features Collectable Calicos by Laura Berringer from Marcus Fabrics. I just love the nostalgic feel of these fabrics. I even made the background scrappy using a range of cream muslins and tone on tone cream fabrics. I like how it added an extra depth to the design.

I embroidered sweet designs in the center of the double pointed Dresden plate block.


Did I tell you that I also enjoy tending to my many houseplants? One of my favorites are my Aloe plants. I have a couple of them. This block features a potted Aloe vera plant and a single garden glove. I planned a single glove since I'm always searching for the other in my gardening drawer.

Here a sweet bee is leaving a pot of flowers, on his way back to the hive.

Bees are my favorite thing to embroider... a cousin of ours is a bee keeper. 

~ Garden Path ~
70" x 82"

This beautiful quilt was quilted by Darci Read of Field Trip Quilting. Her work is amazing! I trust her with anything that I give her and am always in awe when I get a quilt back from being quilted by her. I haven't seen her in a year, only have talked thru messages and a friendly wave when I do porch drop offs and pick ups. I look forward to the day when we can actually visit in person! 

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing my new Garden Path quilt. Patterns are available in my Etsy Shop and also on the Quilt Doodle Designs website. I am offering both packaged and PDF patterns.

Happy quilting!

Cindy and Belvedere

1 comment:

  1. You have been so busy while I was out of pocket, with wonderful designs! Beautifully quilted.

    ReplyDelete