Thursday, December 3, 2020

Cookie Day and Peanut Clusters

 

Cookie day looked a little different this year. Usually mom's house is packed with all of us girls baking away. Christmas music playing, mixers mixing, the smell of coffee and baking fills the air. We fill every nook and cranny with cookies in progress. Well this year it was virtual. I hung out at mom's and set up my computer for our virtual day. There were still lots of giggles and laughs as we navigated our Zoom Cookie Day. Mom's kitchen was filled with our laughter! Let me share with you a new recipe I tried this year. I'm amazed I haven't made it before since I know my family would love it. It's quick and easy and oh so yummy!

Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Clusters

Ingredients

  • 2- 16 oz. containers of lightly salted peanuts
  • 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
  • 12 oz. milk chocolate chips
  • 12 oz. peanut butter chips (oops I used butterscotch chips)
  • 24 oz. white almond bark broken into squares
Layer all of the ingredients in a crock pot with the almond bark on top. Cook on low for 1 hour. Stir every 15-20 minutes. Once it's melted, stir thoroughly to combine. Use a cookie scoop to scoop clusters onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper. Let them sit until chocolate is completely set. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Yum! Enjoy!!

Me with a tray of Peanut Clusters!

This recipe makes a large amount so if you are looking for something to make to share with friends and neighbors, this is a great recipe. When I made mine, I scooped my mixture into holiday candy papers. It worked out pretty well.


Our virtual cookie day was great fun. Every year mom makes turkey soup for lunch, it was sweet that we all had soup for lunch together! Watching everyone bake was comforting and made us all smile, even under our facemasks! Even though it's not the same as being all together, it's as close as we could get this year! We look forward to when we can be together again baking.

A couple of years ago I did a 12 days of Christmas series, well stayed tuned tomorrow! It's day 1 of the 12 days of Christmas Quilt Doodle style. I'll have projects, recipes and some Christmas cheer for you! Now I'm going to run outside and do some decorating!

Hope you have a wonderful day! 
Cindy and Belvedere


1 comment: