Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Let’s Toast Marshmallows!


I hope that you all had a relaxing weekend last week. I spent some time in my sewing room over the weekend and worked on a project that I’ve had planned in my head for awhile. I finally got it all written down on paper and made it. I’ve been spending the last few weeks showing you how I’ve been embroidering my Woodland getaway panel so today let me show you how I used those elements to make my banner/table runner. The complete pattern for this banner can be found on my website and in my Etsy shop. 
As you can see in this photo, I have embroidered different sections of the design. Remember the embroidery is optional but I love the added dimension the stitching adds to the design. 

I did all of the stars with a satin stitch with this banner design in mind. Following the pattern, I fussy cut the stars for two of the banner strips. The stars will NOT be centered on my banner, I had to squeak every little bit of fabric that I could to have enough length. It’s okay if it’s not centered, it will add to the overall charm of the mini quilt.

Following the pattern directions, I’ve fussy cut the panel pieces and sewn them onto the flannel strips that I’ve cut. In the pattern I’ve used green as my main color. You could switch it up and use brown, gold or red. I’m just really fond of greens for my banner. 

To add a little something extra I have you make two pieced strips for the top and bottom of the banner. 


 If when you sew your strip on and it’s a little long, do not fret, just trim it off to be even with the width of your banner/table runner.

I then sew the side strips on , and then the top and bottom.

Now it’s time to make your quilt sandwich by layering the top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired.

I did not put a hanging sleeve on mine. If you want to hang it using an Ackfeld hanger you may want to put a hanging sleeve on the back. The pdf pattern has the hanging sleeve directions included. You will want to put on the hanging sleeve before you bind your banner/table runner.

I just love how this turned out! I am displaying it here hanging on a display metal hanger from Ackfeld wire. (I cheated by pinning my mini quilt to it using a couple of safety pins) I did free motion quilting on the panel sections. Also quilted in the ditch between the fabric strips. For the border I free motion quilted a holly border. It gives it sort of a woodsie feel.

Both the pattern for this project and Woodland Getaway Panel from Marcus Fabrics can be found on my website or Etsy Shop. I hope that you enjoyed my project today, it was a fun one to put together. 

Happy quilting,
Cindy & Belvedere


Hubby caught this monster on Father’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment