Friday, October 25, 2019

Scrappy Hats QAL Day 11

Welcome to Day 11

Whew, it's already day 11! Happy Friday everyone! Doing a little quilting or stitching is a great way to kick off the coming weekend! Today's block strip is made up with scrappy triangle squares. The scrappier the better. It will take about half an hour to complete. While working on mine, I used all of the fat quarters I had set aside for this quilt excluding the fabric that I used for this hats 'top'. I love the scrappiness of this block and love how it ties all the colors together in one block. Like I've said before, this is a great pattern to use your fabric stash with. Using up some of your fabric stash makes room for new fabric! I am a huge sucker for fat quarters and can't walk into a shop without purchasing a stack of fat quarter fabrics. I rarely have a project in mind when I buy them but it's so much fun to rummage thru my bins and drawers looking for the perfect colors and fabrics for a project that I may be starting. I hope that you are also having fun pulling fabrics for this quilt too!




~ Scrappy Triangle Squares Snowman ~

Remember the carrot and eyes are not added to the block yet!



Isn't it fun making snowman blocks! I just love them! If you feel extra ambitious, you can make extra ones for an adorable table runner to match your quilt! See you tomorrow for the next snowman quilt block! Remember to share your block on Instagram #scrappyhatsqal @quiltdoodledesigns

Happy Quilting!
Cindy and Belvedere

You can also click on this link to purchase the instant PDF Download of the Scrappy Hats Pattern.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment