Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Scrappy Hats QAL Day 1



Welcome to Day 1!
I'm so happy that you are able to join me in some quilting fun. This is a fun and happy quilt that can be on display all winter long!

So let's begin. I've had you precut you background, snowman faces, and main hat pieces. If you haven't done so yet please do so today along with today's stitching. The directions can be found in the Snowmen On Parade pattern that can be found in my Etsy shop and also the website.

Let's get started!

You will need the 2" background squares and your hat rectangles and snowman faces rectangles. Heat up your iron, make sure you machine is threaded and ready to go. I like to listen to audiobooks as I quilt, right now I'm listening to the 'Outlander' series (again....) Do you have any book recommendations for my next audiobook? Oh and don't forget to get a cup of coffee or tea.... (I have my mug of diet coke) Let's start sewing!


Here are the precut pieces that you will need. the background 2" squares, snowman face rectangles and snowman main hat rectangles.

Starting with the hat rectangles, line up the background square in the top corner, right sides together and sew corner to corner.

Repeat and sew a background square to the other 'top' corner... Trim away the excess fabric, leaving a 1/4" seam and press.

Repeat this process on the 'bottom' of the snowman face rectangle. Sew a background square, right sides facing. Sew corner to corner... repeat on the other 'bottom' corner. Trim away the excess fabric, leaving a 1/4" seam and press.
After everything is pressed, you will have a stack of main hats and snowman faces. Set these aside for when we work on the snowman blocks in the up and coming days!

I'll see you tomorrow! We will begin to work on hat brims. Remember to post your progress to Instagram #scrappyhatqal @quiltdoodledesigns

Happy Quilting!
Cindy and Belvedere

You can also click on this link to purchase the instant PDF Download of the Scrappy Hats Pattern.
 

1 comment: