Friday, October 18, 2019

Scrappy Hats Day 4

Welcome to Day 4!

Today we will work on Snowman Block Checkerboard brim.  There are 13 blocks all together for this quilt. These sweet snowmen remind me of school recess in the wintertime. I just love all of the sweet faces and different hats! Reminds me when all of the kiddos used to line up to go outside! I used to be a playground supervisor when I worked at the school as a media clerk. There used to be a mad dash to put on the snow gear if there was new snow. Especially if it was the build a snowman type of snow! So let's make some more snowman blocks for our Scrappy Hats quilt.

If you haven't joined us yet and want to sew along with us... check with the previous postings. The pattern can be found on my website and in my Etsy Shop. This quilt is a great stash buster too!


Snowman 3 has a checkerboard brimmed hat. Following the directions for Hat Brim #3, cut two fabric strips, sew them together lengthwise using a 1/4" seam. Press. Remember to use two colors that are different then the main hat rectangle block.

Following the pattern directions sub cut this into 6 2 block rectangle sections. Lay them out to form a checkerboard strip and sew together, right sides together. Press. 

Here I have my snowman sections needed to form this snowman block.

Sew the main hat block to the checkerboard brim. Then sew the snowman face block together with this section. Press.

~Snowman Block #3~
I have shown here the block with the applique nose and two button eyes. We will work on noses another day... the button eyes are not sewn on until we are finished quilting the quilt.

Just one block today to give those who want to catch up a chance to do so. Feel free the follow the pattern and sew ahead too if you have time. I know we all have different schedules. I do most of my sewing in the evenings and on the weekends.

See you tomorrow for the next section! Remember to post your blocks to Instagram #scrappyhatsqal @quiltdoodledesigns

Happy Quilting!
Cindy and Belvedere

No comments:

Post a Comment