Sunday, June 30, 2019

July's Block! Lazy Daisies...


http://www.quiltdoodledesigns.com/BOM-2017.html
July is here and boy is it warm and muggy here in Minnesota. My flowers and the garden is thriving with the heat and moisture so I will not complain too much. July is vacation time for me, I get to be lazy for a few days up at the lake with my family. I'm going to float on my pool floatie in the lake and bob around like a lazy daisy. Drink a cocktail or two, take some naps in the shade and play cards with mom. It will be a relaxing...

This month the blocks are similar as in past month's with the applique section with a set of four flying geese. So it should be an easy block to stitch together. This month you will make two blocks with a cluster of lazy daisies. You can make your daisies (flowers) any color you want. The direction of the flying geese does matter. Refer to the pattern for the correct direction and placement for the flying geese. The blocks for this month go together pretty easily. Your flying geese can be any color fabric you want, or you can use the same colors as I have pictured in the pattern. I look forward to seeing everyone's progress. Remember the blocks can also be embroidered.
Let's begin and cut out our squares and rectangles listed on this month's pattern.
Let's make some flying geese blocks with our 3 1/2" white background squares and 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" Aunt Grace rectactangles. With right sides together sew from corner to corner.

Then trim beyond the stitching line a 1/4"

…. and press.

Repeat on the other side to complete one flying geese section.

Each block will have 4 flying geese sections. Sew them together to form a flying geese strip. Iron.

With right sides together, stitch the white/cream background 6 1/2" x 12 1/2" rectangle to the flying geese rectangle sewing along the long side. Press. Finished block will measure 12 1/2" x 12 1/2". Make 2.
Following the instructions provided by the fusible web manufacturer, trace 2 sets of the designs pieces grouping together pieces that will be using the same fabric. Cut pieces out. Follow the pattern placement sheet. Iron in place.

Using a blanket, zig zag or satin stitch on your sewing machine; sew along the edges of all the pieces.

After the uqilt is quilted sew on buttons or yo-yo's for the flowers centers.

You can embroider the designs instead of applique too!
The monthly FREE pattern will be available on my website. I have a special 2019 BOM section on my website. Each month the FREE pattern will be posted. But as soon as the new section or block is out the old block pattern will no longer be a freebie. But it will still be available for a small fee on my website or in my Etsy shop. If you want to share your finished blocks, feel free to post them on Facebook Group (Quilt Doodle Designs Garden Sunshine BOM 2019) and tag me or post them on Instagram tag Quilt Doodle Designs. I love to see everyone's progress as we stitch along together. 
As a reminder... if someone asks for the PDF or where it is on the Facebook group, please do not post the PDF directly onto the site. I appreciate you referring them to my website or to the blog. Thank you!

This month's blocks will together quickly. Hope you are having a great day, remember June's block is no longer FREE. It can be found in my ETSY shop and also on the Quilt Doodle Website for a small fee. To get this month's block, head on over to Quilt Doodle Designs... remember this block is only available this month as a FREE PDF download. 

Happy Quilting!
Cindy and Belvedere

3 comments:

  1. These blocks are so pretty. Thank you Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another pretty block.
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute !!! One of my sewing buddies is doing the blocks TOO !! Is there anyway I can change my email that is shown in the ( Comment as:) below ?

    ReplyDelete