Saturday, March 16, 2019

Happy Worldwide Quilting Day! What are you doing today? I plan on spending the day with my quilt guild friends at our annual quilt show. It'll be a super fun day visiting and talking with others about our love of quilting. Let me show you the cute raffle items I put together for the raffle table.... 
These would be super fun to make for your friends for their  birthdays or an extra sweet treat for a quilt retreat...
I made some sweet mug rugs and then filled some coordinating mugs with some yummy chocolate... then placed the mug rugs on a piece of cardboard cut to the shape of the mug rug to give it some stability. Then I wrap them up with clear plastic. I used some 'Fat Quarter Ribbon' I had saved after using the fabric. I just can't throw it out, so I save it and it was perfect for this!

The Snowman Ugly Sweater Mug Rug is my favorite. It's gonna be hard to give this one away but I'm sure it will find a great home.

Freezy Mug Rug... isn't it adorable.

Love Bug Mug Rug ~ it's bright and springy!

Going Batty Mug Rug with a black mug filled with chocolates!

 Then I hope to spend some time in my studio doing some fun sewing! Well, at least after I get back from my quilt guild meeting I will. You see I have a day full of fun quilty plans and I hope that you do too! Won't it be fun to know that you aren't the only one today doing some stitching or something related to quilting today? Call your quilty friends and plan a fun day! Go for coffee and then go and visit a few of your favorite quilt shops! Or plan a quilt retreat day at your home, ask your quilty friends to bring their favorite snacks to share and a project, set up a couple tables and plug in those power strips and you are set for a great day full of friendship and laughter! 

Now I'm off, I've got a quilty fun packed day!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Cindy and Belvedere


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, and great surprises! I cleaned my sewing machine to celebrate, and then worked on a scrappy ufo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your goodie bags are super cute!!! I actually did some sewing yesterday and today!! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little bags you have made. Enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete