Saturday, December 8, 2018

12 Days of Christmas Day 8


Day 8

Welcome to the eighth day of the Quilt Doodles 12 Days of Christmas. I love gnomes, also known as Tomtes. They are mischievous little santas often found in Swedish or Norwegian folklore. My dad , being a good Norwegian had a set of garden gnomes. I just loved them!

My sister gave me a gnome that she knit a few years ago and I enjoy putting him on display every Christmas. I decided to draw him up into an applique. I thought I would share it with you today. Like many of my patterns I wrote it up to go on a tea towel. But remember, my designs can go on anything that your heart desires! I put this design on a square of buffalo plaid and turned it into an accent pillow. I was going to give it as a gift, but I think I need to keep this for myself.


I have all the pieces traced and ironed onto the fabric. All ready to cut the shapes out. Notice the red and white striped fabric and used it in such a way that it will make the Tomte's legs striped.

Here I have all the pieces ironed in place, all ready for me to buttonhole stitch around everything. This design would be adorable on a plaid tea towel, or even put on an apron for the holidays

~ Tomte ~

This sweet little Tomte just gives me the giggles. I have my cute pillow on display with the sweet little knit Tomte my sister made!
I hope that you enjoy this design! It can be found in my Etsy Shop. It's a quick and easy design. I got it done in an afternoon.

Happy quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere

5 comments:

  1. There is just something about Gnomies and Snowmen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the cutest little pillow! I love his striped leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! My grandparents must have left Sweden and Finland behind because I never heard stories about Tomtes at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so cute. What a great addition to and Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete