Tuesday, December 4, 2018

12 Days of Christmas, Day 4


Day 4

Welcome to the fourth day of the Quilt Doodles 12 Days of Christmas. There are still lots of projects and other fun goodies to share with you over the next few days. Today I thought I would share with you one of my favorite recipes. I love meringue cookies and usually make a mint chocolate chip meringue cookie for my guys but I love this recipe too! This is a festive cookie for your cookie tray. What I enjoy is that you whip up the meringue, put the cookies in the oven and then go about with your other items on your Christmas to do list. I know we all have one of those! Mine is still quite long.... uggg.




Peppermint Meringues
from: allrecipes.com

2 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
2 peppermint candy canes, crushed

In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with salt and cream of tartar; (I also added 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract);  beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased foil lined baking sheets; sprinkle with the crushed candy.  (I also sprinkled red edible glitter on the cookies) Bake at 225 for 1-1/2 hours.Turn off heat; leave cookies in the oven with the door ajar for at least 1 hour or until cool. Store in an airtight container.  I doubled the recipe and got about 4 dozen cookies.


Enjoy!  Happy Holidays!
Cindy and Belvedere

3 comments: