Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Woopsie Doodles Witchy Poo!

Woopsie Doodles Witchy Poo! I had some fun and spent an afternoon stitching up this sweet mug rug. Several years ago my sister and I split a grab bag of Halloween scraps and I'm still having fun with it! I made this sweet mini quilt of Witchy Poo's shoes and striped leggings. So festive for Halloween! Let me show you how quick and easy this goes together...

I didn't want to cut out all of those 'stripes' for Witchy Poo's leggings, so instead I cut two 1 1/2" x WOF strips of the black fabric and green fabric. Then sewed them together lengthwise.

I then would cut that in half and sew it again... I repeated this process until I had a nice fabric piece of striped fabric long enough for my applique piece for Witchy Poo's leggings.

I traced Witchy Poo's legging onto my heat and bond and then ironed it onto the back of the black and green striped piece.

Then I cut them out... all ready to put them onto the mug rug center piece. 

I'm all ready to stitch around the fusible applique design. What I love about doing the leg section with the pieced strips is I only need to stitch on the sides of the legs instead of around each striped section. It's really a nice finish for this design.
~Woopsie Doodles Witchy Poo~
I hope that you have fun with this pattern. I sure did. I made up a few of them. I'm off to go play in my studio. I have a few more doodles to play with plus I need to pack for a one day retreat I'm going to with mom. I'm looking forward to it, my bestie, Lynn will be there too with her mom. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on. I plan on bringing one of my UFO's to work on. I'm going to try to get some quild quilts cut out to work on too. I'm sure the day will fly by!

Happy quilting!
Cindy and Belvedere

4 comments: