Saturday, October 12, 2013

September 18, 1863


August 1913 Midway I love fair time. In this week's post Cora writes about the fair and how Mrs Cary got the prize for the best 5 lbs of butter. Let me tell you, when I get my Civil  War Diary quilt done, it's going to the fair. I'm already starting to wonder how I will ever quilt it. It's going to be huge! I'm guessing around the 105" x 105" range after sashing and borders. It's been awhile since I've entered anything into the fair. Last time that I did I entered a Wedding Ring quilt that I made and also a Lavender Poppy Seed Cake, both won blue ribbons, the cake won Best of Show. 
I picked some fabric from my Civil War stash... I think they will
work nicely for this block. I also have my foundation paper printed up
and ready to go.
The block is broken down into five sections.

'Premium Prize'
September 18, 1863






 Have a wonderful week! Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr.

Next Saturday I will be working on the block called 'The Southern Cause' out of Rosemary's book. Not sure what I'll do this weekend. I'm hoping to getting around to some time spent in my sewing room. Maybe fit in a walk with Wilson. I love Fall and the brilliant colors of the leaves. It's also a good time of year to plant some bulbs for spring. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!
Check out Rosemary's website.  Her books and Cd's can be ordered there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment