Saturday, October 5, 2013

August 11, 1863

 Who can't help but marvel at the beauty of a rainbow after a storm. In this diary entry from Rosemary's book, Cora writes about the beauty of a rainbow after a big thunderstorm. The date of her entry is August 11, 1863.

'... I have just looked out of the window to behold the sunshine come laughing forth from its hiding place behind the clouds, and also A Glorious Rainbow, but even now it has nearly disappeared....'

Here are my fabric choices for my block. 

I printed up the pattern on Carol Doak's foundation paper using my computer printer and Rosemary's companion CD. Using the CD and EQ sure makes doing the blocks so much easier. In the beginning I was hand drafting the foundation paper for my paper piecing. 

Sewing on the lines.....  using a very small stitch so that the paper will rip away easily.

Here are the sections of my block all ready to be sewn together!

'A Glorious Rainbow'
August 11, 1863

 Have a wonderful week! Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr.

Next Saturday I will be working on the block called 'Premium Prize' out of Rosemary's book. It's hard to believe that it's already October! Today is my nephew's wedding, I'm looking forward to a fun evening spent with family and friends! I wish a long beautiful life for Matt and Alicia and their family. Congratulations!

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!
Check out Rosemary's website.  Her books and Cd's can be ordered there too!

2 comments: