Monday, September 16, 2024

Songbird Holiday Cardinal Wreath Table Runner

Have you seen my Songbird Holiday panel yet? It's lovely and perfect for celebrating winter and the holidays. The panel and coordinating fabric can be found in quilt shops and online now. I have several free patterns available to go with this line and they can be found on my website as a FREE PDF download. Today I'm going to show you one of the cute table runners I made using extra blocks and portions of the panel that I fussy cut.

When I made the Quick as a Wink and Songbird Holiday Festive Bows quilts, I cut extra blocks knowing that I would use them in some extra projects. I figure why not chain sew and get it all done at once while watching a series on my iPad or listening to an audio book. I try to multitask when I can, lol. 
These lovely Ohio Star blocks made it easy for me to work with to come up with some free projects for you. What's nice about these free patterns, you could easily substitute any of the designs to fussy cut to personalize your project. For the Cardinal Wreath Table Runner Pattern, I feature the cardinals with the wreath from the panel. I took the time to embroider the block but that is totally optional since the design is colored to match the fabric already! For the embroidery on the block I used a combination of DMC and Valdani threads and handstitched it. The listing of thread recommended can be found on the quilt pattern listing under the supplies. 
After I got the top all pieced together, I layered it with my backing and batting and used my embroidery feature on my machine and machine quilted a single pass holly quilt design. Repeating it across the entire table runner. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
This sample will be at the Missouri Star Birthday Bash in the Marcus Fabrics booth if you would like to see it up close along with the Quick as a Wink Quilt and the Songbird Holiday Festive Bows Quilt. I'm excited that I will be there on Thursday afternoon and on Friday walking about. Hope to see you there too! If you see me, make sure to say Hi!

Hope you have a wonderful day and find some time to stitch,
Cindy, Josephine and Bonaparte


No comments:

Post a Comment