Thursday, March 7, 2024

Sweet Bea Bunny

Spring and Easter are right around the corner, and I thought it would be fun to draw up some new designs for spring. I'm in love with Sweet Bea Bunny. Did you know if I had a girl, I wanted to name her Beatrice. I loved the idea of having a little sweet Bea. But as fate had it, I was blessed with all boys, and I wouldn't have it any other way. That's where the inspiration for the bunny's name came from. 
I usually use Dunroven Towels for my applique, but I decided to use something a little different this time. Not everyone has Dunroven Towels on hand to easily purchase, so I used a couple of tea towels that I purchased some time ago from Target. My point being, you can applique my designs on anything that you desire, an apron, a quilt block, on a simple table runner, anything your heart desires! So let me show you how I make this sweet bunny.
I trace the design onto the paper side of my sheet of flexifuse. (or heat n bond)

I then group the shapes with the fabrics that I will use for that shape. As you can see, I'm doing two bunnies, one with pink ears and one with coral ears. I then iron the shapes onto the back side of the fabric.

Then cut all the shapes out using a sharp scissor.

Iron the bunny shapes onto your towel, or whatever project you are making. Follow the manufacturer's directions for fusing the shapes in place. 

I then pick out the stitch that I'm going to use to sew around the design. I play around with the sizing until I find one that I think will work best. If I'm making more than one of the same design, I make note of the stitch and settings that I am using. I sometimes take a picture of my machine's settings for reference later.  
I'm making a gray bunny and a brown bunny, I think they are going to be pretty darn cute!

I used a dark brown thread to stitch around all of the edges.

I used a black floss and stitched french knots to make the eyes on the bunny, you can also use tiny black buttons. I used my sewing machines backstitch to stitch the whiskers. You can also use DMC floss and hand stitch the whiskers. I then used some white buttons from my button jar for the flower centers.

~ Sweet Bea Bunny ~

Didn't my Sweet Bea Bunny turn out cute! Such a fun design for spring and Easter. This sweet bunny can be on display all spring and summer if you'd like! I've got spring fever really bad and have started my garden seeds in the house. I'm pretty pleased to announce that they are starting to sprout! I had troubles with baby bunnies last year in the garden, they were able to squeeze thru my wire fencing for the garden. I'll have to add a smaller grate wire fence this year to my garden fence to try to deter them. Baby bunnies are so cute, but not so cute when they get in the garden. Those little buggers wiped out my beans, spinach and cabbage last year! Little stinkers! I replanted twice! I have high hopes the garden will do better this year. 

This cute iron on applique pattern can be found in my Etsy Shop and also on the website as a PDF download.

Hope that you have a wonderful day and find some time to do some quilting,

Cindy and Josephine

1 comment:

  1. Josephine looks quite regal in her diamonds! Okay this bunny is quite possibly the CUTEST thing you have made. And you have made some truly adorable animals. Always top of the top!!!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete