Friday, October 28, 2022

Boo!



Boo!!! Trick or Treat.... Smell my Feet.... Give me something good to eat.....

When I was a kid, we used to chant this as we went from house to house. I remember us all running around the neighborhood in our costumes. One year I was a robot... I made my costume out of a refrigerator box wrapped in tin foil. I had a small slit cut to see out of and a 'deposit candy here' opening with a pillowcase hooked to the inside of the box to catch the candy. This was one of those costumes that in theory was awesome, but the practicality of it.... not so brilliant. I could barely navigate front steps. It was hilarious! I thought it looked like a robot, but I'm sure I just looked like a huge box wrapped in tin foil hobbling down the street. It turned out to be unseasonably warm that year... so I baked inside of my toasty box... I could have been a microwave!

Are you invited to a Halloween party this year? Need a hostess gift, these Bat Mats are perfect! Hubby and I dressed up as Ragnar and Lagertha.... We looked more like Hagar the Horrible and Hilda... 

Are you decorating for the spooky holiday yet?  I've been known to decorate the day of Halloween, but I got a jump start on it a few weeks ago! But these bats are quick and easy to make last minute, I bet you even have some fabric in your stash that would work. (wink.... wink....)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/252392833/going-batty-bat-mug-mats-for-halloween?ref=shop_home_active_1


https://www.etsy.com/listing/252392833/going-batty-bat-mug-mats-for-halloween?ref=shop_home_active_1
Wrap a Bat Mat around a bottle of wine for an adorable
hostess gift...


https://www.etsy.com/listing/252392833/going-batty-bat-mug-mats-for-halloween?ref=shop_home_active_1
Stuff a Bat Mat in a mug with candy for your friends!

Make a bunch of Bat Mats and sew them onto some orange and white
bakers twine for a batty garland to welcome the little zombies that
visit this Halloween.

I hope you have a wonderfully spooky Halloween! I'm going on a quick girl's trip to see the Dignity Statue in Chamberlain South Dakota. I'm planning on taking tons of photos to share with you when I'm back. I'll be back in time to pass out candy on Halloween.

Happy Quilting,
Cindy and Josephine

No comments:

Post a Comment