Saturday, July 23, 2022

Flower Block


 Welcome Summer! We just returned from vacation, and I'm amazed at how much the gardens have grown in just a week! My flowers are blooming, and everything looks so nice. My orange lilies are one of my favorites along with the coneflowers! The sunflowers are getting so tall, and I am looking forward to seeing them bloom. I love how their flowerheads follow the sun.  This week's block is a flower block which reminds me of a marigold or even a sunflower. You will make four of these blocks. They are a little putzy to do but well worth the effort. 
Each block will measure 8" x 8", this includes the seam allowance. 

Gather your fabric, pattern, ruler and rotary cutter and let's begin! 

From background fabric (5):
    Cut 80 – 1 ¼” x 1 ¼” squares (A)
From green fabric (13):
                Cut 16 – 3” x 3” squares (B)
From brown fabric (15):
                Cut 4 – 3” x 3” squares (E)
From gold fabric (12):
                Cut 16 – 3” x 3” squares
                Cut 16 – 1 ¼” x 1 ¼” squares (D)








Isn't it a happy block! Next time we will work on bumblebees!

Happy Stitching,

Cindy and Josephine



Yardage, Fat Quarter Bundles and Season Sampler Kits can be found on the Quilt Doodle Designs website.


No comments:

Post a Comment