Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Woodland Polar Bear

 

It's hard to believe that this is the final block... the year has flown by. Our last block is a sweet polar bear sitting in a woodland sled. Today's posting will only be about the polar bear block. I will be posting the finishing instructions in a couple days in order to break it up a bit. It's a lot of information for one posting. I will also be announcing some giveaways! Not only do I post on the blog, I will also post reminders on the Quilt Doodle BOM Facebook page and also on Instagram when the finishing instructions are posted. The finishing directions will be FREE on the Quilt Doodle Website as a PDF download. They will be posted as soon as the blog posting for finishing is up. This will give you a day or two to make this month's block. 
I have printed up the pattern, gathered my fabric and have cut my final 10 1/2" x 10 1/2" background square.

Following the fusible web manufacturer's directions, I trace the design shapes onto the paper side of the fusible web.

Pair the shapes with the fabric colors. Following the manufacturer's directions, iron the fusible onto the wrong side of the fabric.

Then cut all of the shapes out.

Peel the paper off the back of the cut out shapes and then position everything in place following the placement sheet on the printed pattern. Remember shapes will overlap. Notice how the hat brim is 'behind' the bear's head. Iron everything in place.

Using a buttonhole stitch on my sewing machine I stitched around all the raw edges. I used white/cream thread to go around the bear, hat brim and pom-pom. I used brown thread to stitch around everything else.


I used black #12 pearl cotton to stitch the bear's eyes, using French knots.

~ Woodland Polar Bear ~

It's an adorable quilt when it is done. The finished size of the quilt is 65" x 80". This month's pattern is a free PDF instant download. All of the other month's patterns are available for $2.50 on my website and also in my Etsy shop.  It's not too late to join in on the fun. You would just have a some catching up to do!

 There's also a Facebook Groupplease join and post your progress! It's also fun to see everyone else progress too! Make sure to post your blocks so far! I will be ending this year's BOM with some giveaways. Make sure to stayed tuned for that!

I will be posting a couple more times this month showing the construction of the final quilt top. Directions will be available as soon as the postings are up. 

Hope that you enjoy making this month's block.  This design would also be adorable on a tea towel for some holiday gift giving!

Happy quilting,
Cindy 


~Woodland Holiday BOM 2021 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment