Friday, October 15, 2021

A Happy Pumpkin

I love that fall is here. I love the cooler days and the sound of 
the leaves crunching under foot. I am already thinking about Halloween and have been having fun doodling... I cam up with this mischievous Jack-O-Lantern that's sure to make your trick or treaters giggle. I've put the design on a tea towel from Dunroven but this design would be wonderful on a 10-minute table runner, apron or made into a mini quilt.  I pulled some festive fabric from my fabric stash, this is a great project to use up some bits and pieces you may have in your sewing room.  Let's get stitching! You will need a copy of the pattern... Jack-O-Lantern can be found in my Etsy Shop... Fabrics in the following colors, orange, orange print, black, black print and gold. I used Heat-n-bond lite, and Lana Wool in black from Aurifil. For cutting my pieces out, my applique scissors from Olfa work wonderfully.

I've traced all my applique shapes onto the paper side of the heat n bond. grouping together pieces that will be cut out of the same color.

I have all my pieces cut out and ready to iron onto my tea towel.

Using the pattern placement sheet as a guide, place your pieces onto your towel. Remember to peel off the paper on the back. 

Then using a buttonhole stitch on your machine, stitch along the edges.

To add a little extra detail, I 'drew' my star like I would as a kid. Sewing from point to opposite point.

Instead of using my regular thread, I used Lana Wool from Aurifil. This thread is a bit thicker and requires a bigger stitch size. I adjusted my machine stitches accordingly using a 3.5 width and 3. length. Play around on some scrap fabric and see what you prefer to use with your machine.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/645027947/jack-o-lantern-pdf-pattern-for-a-cute?ref=shop_home_feat_4
~ Jack-O-Lantern ~

Hope that you like Jack, I think he's adorable! Now I'm off to find some pumpkin spice coffee and do a little sewing. I hope you have a great day and find some time to do some sewing.

Happy Quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere

2 comments: